While a huge part of the Bloomington population is composed of IU students, it’s also a very family-friendly city with many options for child care and family-friendly events and organizations. While we cannot publish an exhaustive list of opportunities here, we can give you some places to start. You may also wish to check out IU’s WorkLife program for more resources.
- Hoosier Courts Nursery School
- Campus Children's Center
- Campus View Child Care Center
- Bloomington & Monroe County Child Care & Referral Guide
- Wonderlab Museum of Science, Health & Technology
- Kids Play Gym
- Collaborating for Kids, LLC
- Wild Nature Project Forest School
- Public Library: In recent years, Bloomington’s Monroe County Public Library was chosen as the best in the nation for our town our size. Lots of media for families to enjoy and a full range of programs. Having a public library card also provides access to a lot of free digital media. Make sure you take the required documents with you to secure a library card.
- Bloomington Community Farmer’s Market
- Bryan Park (pool, playgrounds, etc.)
- Cascades Park
- Rhino’s Youth Center
- UpParent.com: Parent Picks at your Fingertips
- Indianapolis Children’s Museum